Spring Into Humboldt
The spring season in Humboldt, Saskatchewan is always welcome. All the available spring activities in Humboldt are exciting and citizens are ready to dive in! What does the Humboldt area have to offer for spring activities? Read on and find out!
There are a number of sports seasons that take place in May and June which are organized by various clubs in partnership with the City of Humboldt. There is something for the whole family. They include:
• Hardball (Humboldt Minor Ball)
• Fastball (Humboldt Girls’ Softball)
• Soccer – Humboldt & District Soccer Association
• Adult Co-ed Slo-Pitch – Humboldt Slo-Pitch
And of course there are sports that get started in the spring and last all summer:
• Golf – Humboldt Golf Club
• Running – Humboldt Running Club
• Swimming – Humboldt Hammerheads Speed Swimming Club
• Horseback Riding – If you own a horse: Humboldt Horse Club; If you don’t own a horse: Rintoul Stables, L & M Stables
Spring activities don’t have to be part of an organized club. People who live in Humboldt take advantage of nice spring weather to go for walks and bike rides around the city. The Humboldt Community Trails are ever expanding and provide a beautiful, safe route for non-motorized traffic. There is almost 3km of trails, for public use at Prairie View Properties as well, along the back of every acreage property. Humboldt is also home to many avid gardeners, with a number of greenhouses that open their doors in the spring, ready for all those green thumbs in the area! The 2B Gardeners group encourage gardens and landscapes in Humboldt.
One of my favorite things that spring brings is warm sunshine, so I can sit on my patio and have a morning coffee while I listen to the birds and frogs singing. The season of spring is always a welcome change from winter and a time when we have lots of options to keep busy and have fun!